Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Indulging Myself

Well, it's been almost four weeks since I began the new feeding formula so thought I'd better add an update, albeit a brief one.

The feeds themselves are still going well. I have had a couple of minor incidents of reflux but it was my own fault as I've been getting careless about eating in the evenings. For the most part though I've gotten away with it which is encouraging.

My weight remains the same. The other day, I realized that I'd been enjoying a Guinness (Irish beer) each day when I was gaining the weight so yesterday I went out and bought a dozen. There is anecdotal evidence that it helps with digestion but I don't know if anyone has ever done a study to verify this. Whatever the case, I enjoy it and the small bit of alcohol doesn't seem to irritate my GI tract so what's to lose? I know that it used to be prescribed in the hospital for people with weight maintenance problems and it was also recommended, in moderation, for nursing mothers. Of course this would be taboo nowadays but, hey, hundreds of years of Irish tradition can't be wrong can they? And after all I am of Irish heritage so I'm just being true to my roots. That's my story and I'm sticking to it damn it.

1 comment:

  1. HEHEHE Glad things are going well Bill and I know that when I was at Parkwood yrs ago they all suggested one beer a day ..I know it helps with the urinary track and helps to keep that flushed well...and Im sure that the yeast etc cant be a bad idea as well.....and if its enjoyable Why not!!! Take care Jill

    ReplyDelete