Monday, January 18, 2010

Weight

Just wanted to post a quick update on my GI status. I am delighted to report that I have gained 5 pounds and am currently sitting at 115. I'm not sure when I last weighed this much but it's probably been at last 3 years. People are remarking how well I look and asking if I've gained weight. I find this a bit surprising because five pounds really isn't that much and this being winter all they really see is my face. Whatever it is, it feels good and I will continue to work hard at maintaining this weight. As for the reason. I can't blame it on Christmas as it was just before the holidays that I noticed that I'd reached to 114. I have been taking just the 1 liter of Peptamen 1.5 and some days less but I have been drinking one and occasionally 2 Boost or Ensure, the high calorie ones (355 cal.) every day without fail. Of course, over the holidays I also took in more orally including 2 Christmas dinners and then there was all the chocolate given to me by friends, all trying to do their part to fatten me up no doubt. Next week I see my GI doctor so will have some good news for him as well.

I can't say that the added weight has given me any more energy and my joint pain continues to be a problem but in general I am doing well and still benefitting from the added seasonal mobility provided by my new set of wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment