Monday, May 24, 2010

Update

Well, the walk and concert are fast approaching. As one indication of how much work it has been, I have approximately 250 emails in my Walk in the Park folder. I.m not complaining though. It's been fun with a few minor glitches yes, but everything's looking good for a successful walk and concert. Now we start watching the long term weather forecasts and hoping for a good day. So far it looks promising.

On a not so positive note, I am losing weight due to an inability to get my feeds into me. I've tried everything I can think of but I continue to lose weight so will call my GI doctor tomorrow to see if I can get in to see him some time soon. I have an appointment for the end of July but when I weighed myself today I found I'm just under 100 pounds so no more procrastinating. I suppose I've been postponing this call because I'm afraid I may have to go on TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) and I really don't want to go there. We'll see what comes of y call tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Have an appointment with my GI doc on Thursday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Howard has put me on Ciproflaxacin, an antibiotic, to see if it will clean my gut out and make room for the feeds. He also signed me up for the TPN clinic next week - just in case. Feeling optimistic.

    ReplyDelete