Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New G-J Tube

Went in to get my tube replaced today. The first reaction the prep people had once they got me on the table was surprise at the age of my old tube. Seems they haven't made them like that for quite some time. When I told them I'd had it for over two years, I was told that normal practice is to replace them every eight months. Who knew? Consequently, as they were inserting the new one, I was informed that they would book me an appointment in eight months for the next one. The good news is the procedure is only mildly uncomfortable and it didn't even require the local anesthetic which they used for the original. And no nasal tube either.

The new tube is different in that there's no shut off valve on this one which means that, when flushing, I'll have to be quick getting the syringe on or it could get a wee bit messy. Shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment