Monday, August 11, 2014

Meditation

It's been a while since I posted about scleroderma and the benefits of meditation and since I've finally got back on track with a regular meditation practice, I thought this would be a good time to update.

A couple of months ago I ran into a former meditation practitioner from my old sangha. We ended up planning a sit at my place for Wednesday evenings. We invited others and can have anywhere from 2 - 4 people show up.  I also joined a group at a nearby branch of the library for a Tuesday noon hour sit. Having others to practice with on a regular basis has always been a great motivator for me and it's working. I'm now doing a minimum of two 20' sits in a nearby park every day, weather permitting. And instead of looking for excuses or just being too lazy,  now look forward to my daily sits.

And I'm feeling much better for it. My emotions are levelling out again - less prone to anger for one thing. My dealings with others have taken on a more compassionate and empathetic nature. Physically, I have more energy and less discomfort.

What took me so long?

Life is good.


1 comment:

  1. Turmeric is  Herbal Treatment for Scleroderma  and natural spice with medicinal properties that does not cause any adverse side effects and is safe to utilize.

    ReplyDelete