Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Scleroderma and Physiotherapy


A large proportion of my visitors arrive here after doing a search on "scleroderma and physiotherapy". And although I did address this topic in an earlier post I realized that I'd never talked about the month I spent at an Ayurvedic Clinic.

Soon after my diagnosis in February of 2004 I decided that if western medicine couldn't cure me perhaps I could get help in the east. And so, after some extensive research on the web I settled on the Ayurvedic Natural Health Clinic near Calingute, Goa, India, primarily because it was the most reasonably priced at approximately $1600 Canadian for a one month stay.

I arrived in mid April and stayed for 30 days. While there I underwent an extensive holistic treatment plan including a special diet, herbal medicines and three to four different massages every day. I won't go into more details as you can find out more by clicking on the link in the previous paragraph. I will say however that the treatment was beneficial and I saw definite improvement in my range of motion and energy level.

Would I recommend this type of treatment? Most definitely. I have searched for a similar clinic in North America but found nothing comparable. Traveling to India again is not an option as the trip is simply too grueling and expensive.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment