Friday, August 27, 2010

1 Week Post Prednisone

The week on prednisone was great. As the dosage was decreased, I noticed the return of some minor pain but things were still pretty good. It's now been a week and a day since I took the final dose and I'm doing not too badly. If my pain was at a 10 before prednisone then I went to about a 1 as soon as I started it. I'd say I'm now alternating between a 3 and a 4, depending on the day and I can live with that. Trouble is I realized that being at 1 was a possibility and I wouldn't mind going there again. But at what price? Prednisone taken on a long term basis can be pretty nasty so if there's an alternative I like to know.

I tried to call my rheumatologist last week to discuss the future but she was on holidays and will be back this coming Monday. I'll call her then to see if I can get in to talk to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment