Saturday, August 14, 2010

Did I Mention I also have RA?

It just occurred to me that I may never have pointed out anywhere on here that I have rheumatoid arthritis as well as scleroderma. The reason I haven't mentioned it is that it had pretty much gone into remission. When I started having more pain about a year ago I put it down to scleroderma but am now convinced that the RA has returned. I bring this up now because of the prednisone which is not normally used for scleroderma and should, in fact, be avoided as it can cause renal failure but since I have no apparent renal involvement I guess I'm okay to take it.

Anyway, I am happy to report that the prednisone is doing its job and that I am virtually pain free. This is now day three and I feel great, have been sleeping better than I have in months, and when I finish with this blog entry, I am going to grab my guitar and give it a whirl. Yeehaw, life is good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment