Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Here we are at the start of our walk this past Saturday. Luckily we avoided the rain and thunderstorms that threatened to put a damper on our walk.  In fact the clouds hung around just long enough to keep the extreme heat and humidity away until the walkers had all returned to the starting point.  In each of the three years we have held the walk, we have faced similar situations and each year we have lucked out.  We must be doing something right.

I am guessing that we had fewer walkers than last year, possibly due to the threatening skies, but we did beat last year's total funds raised by over $3000 and there's still a few dollars to come in yet.  So, all in all, it was a successful day.

And just one more thing, I, much to my delight, ate a whole hamburger.  Not sure when I ate my last burger but it must have been at least 6 or 7 years ago.  I have to say, it was the best damned burger I've ever eaten, not because of the quality of the burger, but simply because I was able to eat it.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment