Monday, June 4, 2012

The picture's just for fun.  Taken on a trip to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in August of 2001.

This coming Saturday is our third annual Walk/Run in the Park for Scleroderma.  Things are coming together nicely and we are meeting Wednesday evening to go over last minute details.  Weather Network says 60% chance of thunder showers but the forecast on the TV this evening said 20% chance of rain.  I'm going with the latter.

My health is very good right now.  Aside from a couple of rough nights a few of weeks ago with my bowels and vomiting due to getting a little too daring with my food experiments, I am doing great.  I am eating every day and continuing to experiment to see what works for me.  Even had a pork chop the other day along with some fresh asparagus.  That was a real treat.  My daughter and son-in-law have also brought me a couple of feeds of fresh perch which they caught.  Delicious.  Also been eating fresh fruit such as watermelon and pineapple fairly regularly.  I buy it already cut up which is more expensive but if I bought the whole thing I would end up throwing it out so why not go for the convenience. Being able to eat real food just makes life so much more enjoyable and I've never appreciated it more than I do now.  Incidentally, my weight is now hovering around the 140 pound mark and I am delighted.

In two days I see my GI doctor and will have nothing but good news for him.  Yeehaw.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment