Thursday, February 27, 2014

Winter, Please, Enough Already

Tomorrow is the end of February and, I hope, a sign that these frigid temperatures will soon be a thing of the past. It's been a brutal winter not only for the temperatures but for snowfall as well. Sidewalks in my neighbourhood have been impassable the majority of the time and on those few days when it's been a little warmer and I'm able to get out I've often been forced to take my wheelchair onto the road, not something I like to do but it's either that or never get out unless I take paratransit.

On the food front, things are still going well. I had one occasion when I vomited and have intermittent diarrhea on a few occasions but nothing I can't liv with. Continue to be a little more daring in my food choices. Yesterday I had a panini sandwich with ham, mozzarella and a dill pickle.  Happy to repot that there were no ill effects at all. Also drank a coffee a couple of weeks ago with no ensuing problems. Have added flax milk to my diet. This is a relatively knew product and I thought I'd try it instead of rice milk. I like that it's not as watery as rice milk and the taste is quite pleasant.

Seeing my rheumatologist next week an will be discussing my GI issues with her.

Otherwise, all's well and just hoping for an early spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment