Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gratitude

This morning I met with family at a coffee shop for breakfast and even though I didn't eat I did have a cup of coffee. Now, to most people, this would not be worthy of a blog post. I mean, pretty mundane right?

Well, for me there's nothing mundane about it. First of all, for years now I've been hesitant about going out in the early morning because I could never be sure about my bowels. That's still the case on many days but today I felt confident enough to make the leap. And then to actually drink a coffee while out is just as scary for the same reason. But again, I decided to take a chance and it was fine. In fact I relished that coffee and the fact that I was there chatting and sharing the experience with family. So yes, I am filled with gratitude for what most people take for granted every day and I am all the better for it.

I then came home and made myself an omelet which I also enjoyed.

Yesterday, I met with my writing group, our final meeting of what has been a tremendous learning experience for me. As a result of this course I hope to publish a book. A Few Acres of Snowhopefully some time this fall (Click on the link to read excerpts.) Again I am most grateful for having had this opportunity to work with so many supportive and gracious people.

Life is good.

The picture was taken after breakfast in an adjoining park.


No comments:

Post a Comment