Thursday, January 1, 2009

Scleroderma Society, London Chapter - 2009 Events

Here, we are, another year has come and gone and a new one has just begun.  I don't make new year's resolutions but there are a number of things I want to accomplish this year.

First off,  as one of two key contact people for the local chapter of the Scleroderma Society of Ontario (SSO) I am organizing  an awareness/fund raising event to take place in June to coincide with scleroderma month.  The tentative date is Sunday, June 7 and the event itself will take the form of a music concert with the help of  three or four local blues and rock bands.   I have never done anything like this before but with the help of my daughter, Lisa, and her partner Dave, who are very much a part of the local music scene, I think we're up to the challenge.   Who knows I may even work up the courage to join in on a song or two myself - no promises though.

London has also agreed to host the AGM of the SSO which we will combine with our fall meeting in September.  We are hoping that Dr. Janet Pope, our local and internationally recognized scleroderma expert, will be able to take time out of her busy schedule to be guest speaker.  

And then there's the spring meeting to plan for as well.  Exciting times for the London Chapter of the SSO.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment