Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lesson Learned

This past weekend I thought I would try a little experiment and eat something not on my anti-diarrhea diet. I bought an organic type Kraft dinner.  Shouldn't be too risky I thought because pasta is allowed and cheese has never bothered me, even though my research indicated that all dairy products , with the exception of yogurt, should be avoided. I'll spare you the details and just say it was a big mistake. About two hours after eating my experiment I paid dearly. So back to the diet it was and I've been good all week.
I have also tried a less risky experiment. Had a panini sandwich today made with half a white kaiser roll, lean sliced organic roast beef and cheddar cheese. No butter or oil.  I know, the cheese was a risk, but like I said, I've never had a problem with it.  That was five hours ago and all's well. This morning I had plain yogurt with sliced banana and dried blueberries. Tasty and nutritious.  And I'm still hungry but will resist eating anything else this evening. Don't want to push my luck.

*Update: Thought I'd try another stab at fish baked with olive oil. Big mistake.  No diarrhea but pretty bad reflux. Won't do that again.  I don't believe I spoke about reflux being a consideration in my diet but it s almost as much as a factor as diarrhea.

Update #2:
Fish again, this time brushed with ghee, about a tsp, and baked in oven.  No reaction, so I think ghee might just be the answer to the oil dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment