Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New Recipe

In my research looking for alternatives to pasta with the traditional tomato sauce (not on diet), I discovered that fennel met the criteria for my current diet. The recipe included chile flakes/hot pepper which I didn't include, and a small amount of olive oil  which I also eliminated. Instead I pre-cooked the ingredients in a small amount f chicken broth.

The verdict- delicious. Admittedly I was a bit sceptical as I couldn't imagine anise (liquorice) flavoured spaghetti but the taste was very mild - perhaps because I went easy on the fennel seeds. In fact, if anything, the result was a little flat.  Perhaps  a little more parmesan, or mild spices.  Will definitely try this again but not before I try another recipe I found using carrots and ginger.

Generally speaking then, the diet is going extremely well. My stool is firm, having regular BM's and no longer am in fear of going out lest I have diarrhea. Better than I've been in months if not years. Life is good.

Oh yes, one item missing from my diet is snacks. Crackers are supposed to be okay but haven't had much luck with them.  Bought some pretzels today. Just had a few and they appear to have less salt than most which, I guess, isn't a bad thing.  Time will tell if they work for me.

January 18,2013 Update:
Made the fennell spaghetti again. Used Ghee to sauté ingredients and added some stir fry veggies.  Topped off with Asiago cheese.  Even better than the first time. Today I will finish it off and have added some cut up cooked ham to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment