Friday, March 14, 2014

I continue to gain more confidence in my ability to eat a more varied diet. This past week, I have had chicken fried rice on four occasions, made with fresh vegetables; green, red and yellow peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and celery along with grilled organic chicken breast and rice cooked in organic low sodium chicken broth. For frying I used a tblspn of ghee.  Delicious and no revolt by my GI tract.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try coffee for the first time in I don't know how long, but it's been at least a year. Not certain of how my body would react, I bought it at a coffee shop and brought it home to drink. Have done that on three occasions as well as made my own and it went well so today I took a leap of faith and bought a coffee while I was out at the market and drank it there. I can't begin to describe what a great feeling that was. Small pleasures reap great rewards.

Aware that St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching I started thinking about a traditional Irish meal. Corn beef and cabbage, what we always called a boiled dinner at home, is always good but not sure I want to go the cabbage route. So, turning to the internet I ended up settling on a slow cooker Irish Lamb Stew recipe. No Guinness  as called for in the recipe so substituted some red wine. This is pretty out there for me as I've only ever eaten lamb once in my life but if I'm going to experiment I thought I might as well go all out. Will know tomorrow what I've got. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment