Sunday, March 16, 2014

Jim Davey

It is with great sadness that I am here to write about another member of our local scleroderma group who passed away yesterday.

Jim Davey and his wife Helen are two of the strongest, most positive people I have ever met. When Jim was faced with the prospect of a double lung transplant just over a year ago, he didn't hesitate and jumped right in with both feet or lungs in this case. His recovery after the surgery was nothing short of amazing and certainly he gained strength from his wife Helen who also amazes me with her strength and positive attitude.

When Jim's name popped up on an email notification this morning, I just knew that it was going to be good news - I had been aware that he was having rejection issues recently. Good news, because that's what I'd come to expect of Jim and Helen's emails. And so when I got around to reading the email later, I was totally taken aback that we had lost him. I didn't know him well, but I did know him well enough to say that he was a good man and he will be sorely missed by myself and the other members of our local group who had come to admire him for his strength, his positive attitude and his humanity.

We love you Jim. Rest in peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment