Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Synchronicity

Had an appointment with my rheumatologist today but it turned out she wasn't there when I got to the clinic. I have to admit that I was a bit annoyed but the patient before me had driven in to London all the way from the Niagara Region and she simply took it in her stride. So I took my lead from her and thought "What have I got to be annoyed about when my trip was a ten minute paratransit ride while she'd driven a couple of hours or more?"

But the best part is, when I got to the elevator to go down stairs, she was still there and asked if I had a blog. Turns out that when she'd first been diagnosed she, like so many of the rest of us, turned to the internet and found my blog. Small world. We had a great chat and she was most gracious and generous with her praise about the blog and how it had helped her throughout those early days. I have had close to 10 000 hits to the blog since it started but can count on my fingers the number of comments so I can't express how much it means to get feedback like this.

So, I just wanted to say "Thank you, Sharon" for making my day. 'Twas very nice to have met you and I hope you and your friend enjoyed your day in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment