Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bella


Meet Bella my candidate for adoption. She is a young, under 1 year, Boston Terrier mix and she's from Kentucky as was Jojo her predecessor. She's a beautiful little girl, energetic, agile and apparently smart as a whip - I've only had her for 4 1/2 hours so too early to form my own opinion but she certainly comes across as very alert and curious.

I already love her but am trying to reserve judgement until we're entirely sure that we're a good match.  Anything less wouldn't be fair to either her or me. She's a tad skittish around the wheelchair so I enlisted the neighbour's dog walker to help me with our first outing this evening. Based on that experience, I think she's going to be okay with the chair. 

And if the following is any indication, it looks like she's pretty comfortable with me. She's already claimed Jojo's favourite spot and that makes me very happy indeed. What a gift it is to earn the trust of an animal. I've also discovered that she's a sucker for a deep muscle body massage - but then, who isn't.


Wish us luck.

Update: 48 hours later.
The wheelchair proved to be no problem. This afternoon we were out for a couple of hours without incident and Bella is pretty much exhausted. Just spoke to her foster mom on the phone and it looks like I'll be keeping her. Happy days.

Update: 1 week later
Well, it's been a week and Bella has adjusted to all the changes in her life and is doing great. Had a huge scare yesterday when her harness slipped off of her when we were out on our morning walk. Boy can she run. Fortunately, she stayed of the roads - it was morning rush hour- and ended up behind our apartment building. After a few minutes she responded to my call and came to me. After we got bcd to the apartment, I discovered hat she'd been chewing on her collar and gnawed right through one of the buckles. Mystery solved. I returned the harness to the store and replaced it with a full body harness sand we are now good togo again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment