Sunday, June 15, 2014


Mudras

Saw this on facebook the other day. Take a close look at the ALOKE  mudra. Look familiar? It sure did to me. In fact my hands could have been the model for the image - except for the fact that I've had a finger amputated Ü. And so, I now have a new perspective from which to view my hands which are permanently frozen in the ALOKE or LIGHT mudra because I can take comfort in the fact that they symbolize light or a lamp. Taking this one step further, by being locked in this position my hands are sending forth healing light to everyone I meet and even those I don't meet.  From now on, every imd I shake hands with someone I will imagine that I am giving them the gift of healing light.  

Beats my previous association of something dinosaur like - sclerodactyly (almost) rhymes with pterodactyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment