Sunday, June 1, 2014

Balcony Garden Update

Click on image for larger version.

Picture taken a week ago. I now have two more 'bag' pots and a couple of regular pots added to the mix. I really am amazed at how well my garden is flourishing. Had enough basil to make a batch of pesto and a head lettuce which I harvested along with some oak leaf lettuce and herbs for my first garden salad. So glad I took this project on as it is giving me so much satisfaction and pleasure. I really had no idea how much I missed gardening.


My herb garden



And the apple tree is thriving, covered in blossoms and leafing out really well.

Update: July first and I harvested my first carrot today. Have also been eating peas for a couple of weeks now.

Update, July 26:

The garden continues to flourish. Have had carrots, beet greens, tomatoes, peas, cucumbers, a pepper, lettuce and plenty of herbs. Yesterday's lunch consisted of a tomato, a cuc, a pepper and some basil - delicious. Added a few crackers and a very mild blue cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment