Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Post Op

The surgery went very well. Everyone at St. Joe's was amazing. Used a nerve block, actually two, and only needed a little over an hour of the two hour scheduled. Had a decent night's sleep getting up once for a percocet which kept the pain to a dull throb. Home care nurse came just before noon to change the dressing which gave us an opportunity to snap this picture. My son Mike stayed the night and did a great job of looking after me.

SI have an appointment to see the hand surgeon tomorrow.

And finally, a big thank you to Bea for helping me get through the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill! I read on Lisas post that you were having surgery and wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you. ((big hug))
    A new volunteer at work named Nancy (can't recall her last name now), well she asked how you were doing. She was friends with Val before I was born and can remember that her daughter Jennifer, Lisa and I were born around the same time together. I'll give her this link if it's ok.
    I didn't know you had this site, but I will read it and catch up. It looks like you've been through so much in your life. It takes great strength and love to get through and you're certainly an inspiration.
    I'm glad to that you didn't have to get your mustache shaved off, I couldn't picture it! :)
    Take care. Love Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie, nice to hear from you. Nancy's last name was McGill I think but don't know her married name. I think we still have a picture around here somewhnere of you, Lisa and her daughter lying side by side on the floor. Feel free to give her the link.

    Best wishes,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete